Andrew Dunstan wrote:
Heikki Linnakangas wrote:
This should be mentioned in release notes, as any script that might be using SIGQUIT at the moment needs to be changed to use SIGUSR1 or SIGINT instead. Where should I make a note of that so that we don't forget?

Unless I'm missing it the use of signals to trigger failover is not documented AT ALL. So why anyone would expect such behaviour is something of a mystery.

Well, some people do read source code. If it was more widely known, I would hesitate more to change it, though.

Perhaps doing that would be even more important than release notes.

Agreed it should be documented.

--
  Heikki Linnakangas
-