Le 23 mars 09 à 20:33, Robert Haas a écrit :
It may well be that the table has data in it that was inserted after
module creation time, and the user may want it preserved with the
upgrade, but there's really no way to even begin to guess what the
user had in mind here.

Exactly, we're not in the business of second guessing our users. So we have versioning information built into the facility, and we should provide a way to tell from which version we're upgrading if that's the case.

Then the module author's would be able to do things depending on the value of the OLD.version (to reuse existing notations and concepts) or something. That means supporting conditionals, and that's sound like it's not in the TODO for the first implementation. But still, I don't see how you manage to give the modules authors a nice upgrade facility without something like this.

Regards,
--
dim