 >> hi all,
 >>
 >> I read the code that it seems easy for the cursor in plpgsql to
 >> return ROW_COUNT after MOVE LAST etc. The SPI_processed variable
 >> already there, but didn't put it into estate structure, any reason
 >> for that?
 >>
 >> thanks and best regards

 Bruce> Sorry, we have decided against this change because it might
 Bruce> break existing applications.

As they say on wikipedia, [citation needed]

GET DIAGNOSTICS ROW_COUNT is documented as working for all commands;
if it doesn't work for MOVE (and FETCH), that's a bug. It might be one
that's not appropriate to backpatch, but that's no excuse for not
fixing it in a new release.

It's especially egregious in that MOVE _does_ set FOUND.

diff -c -r1.235 pl_exec.c
*** pl_exec.c   23 Feb 2009 10:03:22 -0000      1.235
--- pl_exec.c   27 Mar 2009 10:44:08 -0000
***************
*** 3368,3373 ****
--- 3368,3375 ----
                exec_set_found(estate, n != 0);