Hi,

Le 27 mars 09 à 21:42, Sam Mason a écrit :
OK, that's turned out to be a good point.  I've now written five
different versions and they don't seem to give the results I'm expecting
at all!

If you're that much willing to have a good concurrent load simulator client for postgresql, my take is for you to test tsung. This surely will take less time than rewriting it with result I'd suspect less efficient than the 20+ years of research that came into Erlang design and implementation :)
  http://tsung.erlang-projects.org/
  http://archives.postgresql.org/pgsql-admin/2008-12/msg00032.php

Your task will be to install erlang and tsung, then to write up a load parameter XML script embedding your SQL requests as CDATA. You could define more than one session and ask to mix what session each simulated user will run (70% of this, 20% of that, 10% of the latter), and give a thinktime between some requests, will get be respected on average (with a grain of randomness).

Have fun,
--
dim