On Sat, Apr 11, 2009 at 3:51 AM, Pavel Stehule <pavel.steh...@gmail.com> wrote:
> So, please, if you can, propose these error messages (with hints)-
> result will be much better.

Hi Pavel,

I was doing some work on rewording these error messages, and I noticed
that the following code segment occurs identically in four different
locations:

                numstr = orgnum = (char *) palloc(MAXDOUBLEWIDTH + 1);
                if (Num.pre != 1)
                        ereport(ERROR,
                                        (errcode(ERRCODE_SYNTAX_ERROR),
                                         errmsg("invalid using of format
EEEE")));

Rather than rewording all four copies of the message, I wonder if this
test might be better factored out into a separate function?

Cheers,
BJ