I am part of an organization that is beginning to write commercial
applications for various Portals (Liferay, etc.). We would like to be able to deploy PostGresQL as the lightweight database for the Portal to
connect to.  Our request for approval to our Legal Department has
stalled due to the following language in one of the files:

Seems like the easy solution is to rip out the AIX files in your
server deployments ... or are you actually intending to support AIX?

AIX itself now offers the functions found in src/backend/port/ dynloader/aix.c so I think that file may be obsolete as of (at least AIX 5.3).

aix.c was required long ago because AIX did not offer the popular dlopen(), dlsym(), dlclose(), and dlerror() functions - you had to write them yourself.

                                -- Korry