On 25 Apr 2009, at 04:52, Robert Haas wrote:

blow the hash-join plan out of the water anyway... but Stephen Frost
was telling me at JDcon East that he sometimes sets it to something
like 8GB when he's the only user on his apparently-quite-awesome
hardware...)
For the record, because most queries have 5-6 joins here, I always set it up to 32MB on production. We don't have more than 100-150 connections, so it plays well on normal 32bit machine with 4GB.

If what you wrote about hash-join is confirmed by others, than I am pretty much +100 for fixing it.

(just my penny).

thanks.