Peter Eisentraut wrote:
On Thursday 30 April 2009 10:27:45 David Fetter wrote:
I'd also like to propose that "strict clean" be a minimum code quality
metric for any Perl code in our code base.  A lot of what's in there
is just about impossible to maintain.

use strict and use warnings, I think, although with use warnings I have occasionally run into the trouble of some old versions not supporting it (only via perl -w).

Right. I think strict mode is probably sufficient for utility code like this.

Also note that we maintain the usual postgres indentation standards in the perl MSVC stuff, by using perltidy thus:

   perltidy -b -bl -nsfs -naws -l=100 -ole=unix  *.pl *.pm

cheers

andrew