Magnus Hagander a écrit :
Dave Page wrote:
I was thinking something similar, but from the pgAdmin perspective. We
already use libxml2, but JSON would introduce another dependency for
us.

Yeah, but probably not a huge one. There is one for wx, but I don't
think it's included by default.

+1 for the machine readable explain.

FWIW, I have an early patch for phpPgAdmin about a graphical explain. IIRC when I wrote it, I told myself the parser might actually be broken with multi-level sub-queries or something. But I ended with the same parsing code than pgAdmin anyway.

About the format, JSON would be the best here, as it is a one function call in PHP to retrieve an associative array from the JSON code.

--
Guillaume (ioguix) de Rorthais