On Thu, May 28, 2009 at 4:33 PM, Kevin Grittner
<kevin.gritt...@wicourts.gov> wrote:

> Can you cite anywhere that such techniques have been successfully used
> in a production environment

Well there's a reason our docs say: "Such a locking system is complex
to implement and extremely expensive in execution"

> or are you suggesting that we break new
> ground here?  (The techniques I've been assuming are pretty well-worn
> and widely used.)

Well they're well-worn in very different databases which have much
less flexibility in how they access data. In part that inflexibility
comes *from* their decision to implement transaction isolation using
locks and to tie those locks to the indexing infrastructure.

--
greg