Kevin Field wrote:
On May 28, 5:19 pm, da...@kineticode.com ("David E. Wheeler") wrote:
On May 28, 2009, at 12:53 PM, Kevin Field wrote:

Can pgTap check for a regex instead if just a string?
That's the other option, if the pgTAP author is willing...if the
SQLSTATE thing doesn't work out I guess we'll have to go down that
road.
Patches welcome. ;-)

   http://github.com/theory/pgtap/tree/master/

I'm getting a new version ready to release as I type.

Thanks, great to know.  :)  Although, I do think changing plperl is
the more proper option, so I'm going to try there first...

As I pointed out before, these line numbers are put there by the perl engine, not by the plperl glue code.

If you want to make plperl strip out the line number from every error message the perl engine produces, I am going to object. It might make things easier for pgTap but it will make life much harder in other ways.

cheers

andrew