Hi,

Le 4 juin 09 à 15:55, Alvaro Herrera a écrit :
I tend to hate automatic zeroing of pages because there's no way to get
the contents later for forensics.  I would support your proposal if we
had a way of saving the block elsewhere before zeroing it (say create a directory corrupted+zeroed similar to lost+found in the database dir and
save it annotated with the OID of the table and the block number).

What about creating a special purpose fork for this? It could contain some metadata plus the original (maybe corrupted) block content.

The main problem I see with this is that if you don't immediately act to examine the data, some of the pg_clog files that you need to be able to
read these files may be gone.

The necessary clogs maybe could be part of the special fork metadata associated with each saved apart corrupted blocks?

Regards,
--
dim