Tom Lane wrote:
Joe Conway <m...@joeconway.com> writes:
how to trigger the failure (and therefore how to test the solution). A naive test with two databases, one LATIN2, the other UTF8 does not produce the error with simple text literals. Any guidance on specific literals that would trigger the problem?

Hmm, sending some non-ASCII characters from the LATIN2 end to the UTF8
end should do it, I would think.  The other direction would probably
not show any immediate error.

I tried some random high-bit characters on the LATIN2 side, but was not able to stumble upon the right combination of characters to trigger a complaint. I've contacted Ruzsinszky Attila off-list and he said he will get me a self contained test case.

Joe