Merlin Moncure wrote:
On Wed, Jun 10, 2009 at 12:13 PM, Tom Lane<t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
"Albe Laurenz" <laurenz.a...@wien.gv.at> writes:
Maybe it would be good enough to state that AIX is only supported with
certain fixpacks installed? And do without all the AIX hacks?
That would definitely be a good-enough solution in my opinion,
as long as we can document which fixes are needed for which releases.

my take is to go with Albe's solution.  I'm downloading the cumulative
fixpack for 4.3.3:

http://www14.software.ibm.com/webapp/set2/sas/f/aix433fixes/ml11package.html

If the above fixes the problem with the aix hacks removed, problem
solved.  If it doesn't, then let's face the music and formally drop
support for aix 4.3 for 8.4.  (and, other than that, do nothing).

You mean nothing other than removing the AIX hacks?

(I'm with Tom. This has been a constant annoyance over quite a few years.)

cheers

andrew