Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:
 > On Friday 26 June 2009 12:07:24 Tsutomu Yamada wrote:
 > > Proposal: More portable way to support 64bit platforms
 > >
 > > Short description:
 > >
 > > Current PostgreSQL implementation has some portability issues to
 > > support 64bit platforms: pointer calculations using long is not
 > > portable, for example on Windows x64 platform. We propose to use
 > > intptr_t instead of long, which appears in in C99.
 >
 > This makes sense.  You can also review the archives for previous iterations
 > of
 > this discussion (search for "intptr_t").

Yes, I have read through the discusion but it seems somewhat faded
out. This is because no platform other than Windows has 64bit
pointer issues IMO. I think using intptr_t is cleaner and will bring
more portability. Moreover it will solve Windows 64bit pointer issues,
I believe.

 > You might want to add your patch to the next commit fest.

Yes, I would like to submit patches for the next commit fest.

--
Tsutomu Yamada
SRA OSS, Inc. Japan