Tom,

As best I can tell, they ended up not changing the API, and there is no
reason we shouldn't depend on the feature and continue to claim that we
work with bison>= 1.875.  Does anyone feel uncomfortable with that?
(It may be of mostly academic interest anyway, since I bet few people
are still using such old bison versions.  The only reason I've got one
is for intentional trailing-edge compatibility testing...)

The real question is slow-to-upgrade OSes like HP-UX, AIX, OpenBSD and Solaris. What version of Bison are they shipping with?

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.