Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
Hi,

Le 14 juil. 09 à 22:17, Andrew Dunstan a écrit :
For a very long time I have thought that it would be useful to have some sort of navigation menu for the docs

Oh yes, pretty please :)

Navigating the docs requires far too much use of the back button and up links, IMNSHO. A menu frame would make them far more usable.

No, please, no frame! Really...

Yes, really. What you suggest here is just not adequate, IMNSHO. I don't want to have to scroll to the top or bottom of the page to get navigation, and I want to be able to see the navigation and go where I want directly.

I know some people have a violent aversion to frames, but I don't. They have legitimate uses.

What I'm thinking about is to extend current "breadcumb" at the top of the page to include chapter, section, subsection. So that for exemple the following page: http://www.postgresql.org/docs/8.3/interactive/datatype-geometric.html#AEN5480

Would have at its top:
Home → Documentation → Manuals → PostgreSQL 8.3 → Data Types → Geometric Types → Points

Well the last entry, Points, I'm not so sure about. But I think you get the idea.

Compared with what things like doxygen or webhelp give you it's not remotely what I want.

cheers

andrew