On Sat, Jul 18, 2009 at 5:21 PM, Jaime
Casanova<jcasa...@systemguards.com.ec> wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 7, 2009 at 3:31 PM, Marko Tiikkaja<marko.tiikk...@cs.helsinki.fi>
> wrote:
>> [...] rules and default values don't work.
>> Recursive CTEs don't work either.
[...]
> and it crashes for triggers

I think this is a great feature, and it would be REALLY great if it
supported UPDATE and DELETE as well.  DELETE in particular seems like
a really useful case for, e.g., moving records between two partitions
of a partitioned table.

However, it sounds to me like this is going to need more reworking
than is going to get done in the next week or two.  I would encourage
the Marko (the patch author) to ask any specific questions he may have
so we can try to get him some assistance in resolving them, and then I
think we should mark this "Returned with feedback".

...Robert