I thought we wanted psql to be able to connect to older databases and
report \d values properly.  I see 8.4 psql \d is not working for
sequences in 8.3 databases:

        $ psql regression
        psql (8.4.0, server 8.3.7)
        WARNING: psql version 8.4, server version 8.3.
                 Some psql features might not work.
        Type "help" for help.

        regression=> \d serialtest_f2_foo
        ERROR:  column "start_value" does not exist
        LINE 2:        start_value, increment_by,

The new 8.4 seqeuence "start_value" is the problem.  Should I fix this
or does someone else want to tackle it?

--
  Bruce Momjian  <br...@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us