How many people are you looking for? Is there a number or are you
waiting for a good feeling?

The problem is not the number of people who like the patch, but the number of people who are willing to refactor and maintain it. Right now, if NEC decided to abandon Postgres, or if they decided that they don't like the changes we make in order to merge it, we'd have nobody to maintain it.

Given the amount of money which the security community represents, it seems like at least a few of these people could become, or sponsor, code maintainers.

I was hoping to support some of this effort through Sun when SEPostgres was introduced, but that didn't happen.

--
Josh Berkus
PostgreSQL Experts Inc.