"Kevin Grittner" <kevin.gritt...@wicourts.gov> writes:
> I wrote:
>> Proposed patch attached.

> That first version was of the "minimally invasive" variety, to stress
> how little I was changing and minimize the chance that I would make
> some dumb error; however, it involved copy/paste of a few lines which
> were already in a source file twice.  Attached is what I hope is a
> functionally identical patch, with minor refactoring.  I think it
> results in more readable code.

Applied with some editorialization on the comments.  I also tweaked the
user-facing TOAST documentation thusly:

*** doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml   17 Jun 2009 21:58:49 -0000      1.29
--- doc/src/sgml/storage.sgml   22 Jul 2009 01:17:23 -0000
***************
*** 347,353 ****
        <literal>MAIN</literal> allows compression but not out-of-line
        storage.  (Actually, out-of-line storage will still be performed
        for such columns, but only as a last resort when there is no other
!       way to make the row small enough.)
       </para>
      </listitem>
     </itemizedlist>
--- 347,353 ----
        <literal>MAIN</literal> allows compression but not out-of-line
        storage.  (Actually, out-of-line storage will still be performed
        for such columns, but only as a last resort when there is no other
!       way to make the row small enough to fit on a page.)
       </para>
      </listitem>
     </itemizedlist>