Andrew Dunstan wrote:

Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
Building 8.4 on a client's system, I get a regression failure apparently due to some difference between the system's timezone DB and what out regression tests expect, as shown below.

Those regression tests were *intentionally* set up to fail if someone's
TZ support is not Y2038 clean.  This is not a bug.  Advise your client
to get some less-obsolete timezone data files; or don't depend on the
system TZ database.  (The only reason why you should do so is if it's
being kept up to date, eh?)

Oh, you're right, I misread the diffs. The client is getting the machines updated.

Well, this is interesting:

and...@jimbo:~> rpm -q -i timezone
Name        : timezone                     Relocations: (not relocatable)
Version : 2.4 Vendor: SUSE LINUX Products GmbH, Nuernberg, Germany Release : 31.61 Build Date: Thu 02 Apr 2009 02:31:18 PM EDT Install Date: Wed 29 Jul 2009 10:52:55 AM EDT Build Host: cherubini.suse.de Group : System/Base Source RPM: glibc-2.4-31.61.src.rpm Size : 712873 License: BSD 3-Clause; GPL v2 or later; LGPL v2.1 or later Signature : DSA/SHA1, Fri 03 Apr 2009 09:20:05 AM EDT, Key ID a84edae89c800aca
Packager    : http://bugs.opensuse.org
URL         : http://www.gnu.org/software/libc/libc.html
Summary     : Timezone descriptions
Description :
These are configuration files that describe available time zones. You
can select an appropriate time zone for your system with YaST.

And I still get these errors. Looks like at least SUSE is not keeping up. I'll build without the system timezones.

cheers

andrew