Tom Lane wrote:
Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> writes:
I am confused.

The original two line addition was already in effect driven by the PRETTY_INDENT flag, because the appendContextKeyword call would be effectively a no-op if that flag wasn't on. But apparently some people don't want each column on a separate line, as I do, even when it's pretty printed, so, since that's what I want, I provided for it in a separate function, but I made the code take account of the cases you and Greg mentioned, where it already begins a new line for the column def.

What I was imagining was simply providing an additional pretty-print
flag that gives the alternatives of the current behavior, or the patch
you originally proposed that adds newlines between targetlist items all
the time.  I don't think that you should complicate the behavior any
more than that.

Personally I would prefer the original patch to this one.

OK, and how are we going to set that flag? Like I did, with a separate function?

I assume you are in effect saying you don't mind if there is an occasional blank line in the output.

cheers

andrew