Robert Haas wrote:
However, that's not the whole problem, either.  To your point about
documentation, it seems this path doesn't touch the README at all, and
it needs to, because some of the statements in that file would
certainly become false were this patch to be applied.

So I think we should at a minimum ask the patch author to (1) fix the
explain bugs I found and (2) update the README, as well as (3) revert
needless whitespace changes - there are a couple in execMain.c, from
the looks of it.

I overlooked the README completely.  I'll see what I can do about these
and submit an updated patch in a couple of days.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja