On Wed, 7 Oct 2009, Alvaro Herrera wrote:

I don't find this a compelling argument against concurrent psql.  Sure
there are things you can't do with it, but it doesn't mean it's not
useful.  Are we going to need further tools to find "the good concurrent
bugs"?  No doubt.

Don't get me wrong, I wasn't arguing against concurrent psql being useful. Certainly it is. I was just suggesting that the scale of issues it can be useful for is still pretty limited, and that accordingly I found my time better spent working on a higher-level solution that didn't need C-psql anyway. Whether C-psql is sufficient for what David had in mind I can't say.

--
* Greg Smith gsm...@gregsmith.com http://www.gregsmith.com Baltimore, MD