Markus Wanner wrote:
Hi,

Dimitri Fontaine wrote:
I even started a DBT2 implementation as tsung modules, back when
returning from pgcon 2006:

 http://tapoueh.org/misc.html#sec7
 darcs get http://pgsql.tapoueh.org/dbt2-tsung/

Now *that* is very cool! I definitely need to have a look at it.

Have you tried Sun Faban? It allows to manage test runs, compare test results and configurations and features a web interface. Pretty nice as well. But it's all Java, which I like even less than Perl.

However, as far as I know, neither of the two support downloading code from a repository and building automatically, before testing. While the buildfarm already does that (partly, testing single patches would be a nice to have, too).

It does, sort of. It has a switch called --from-source which lets you specify a local source repository, which can be something you've applied a patch to.

Use of this switch disables fetching the source code, checking it for cleanliness, and uploading the results to the central server.

It was designed for testing patches.

Here's how I use it:

   pushd srcroot/HEAD
   cp -a pgsql pgsql.thistest
   cd pgsql.thistest
   cvs update
   patch -p 0 < /path/to/patch_to_test
   popd
   ./run_build.pl --verbose --from-source=`pwd`/srcroot/HEAD/pgsql.thistest

cheers

andrew