On Fri, 16 Oct 2009, Tom Lane wrote:

So, while I do think it's something we should leave alone until it gets in the way, this is a sufficiently large value of "in the way" that I'm willing to talk about removing add_missing_from. I'm just concerned about the impact of that, considering that an app that still depends on it came up as recently as yesterday.

As this should / would only affect 8.5+, just means that the app in question has to be stuck at 8.4 or fix the code. Since, as David points out, this 'hack' has been in there since 8.1, I think we've given the app in question more then sufficient time to fix their code already, no? 3 years, or so?

----
Marc G. Fournier                        Hub.Org Hosting Solutions S.A.
scra...@hub.org                                     http://www.hub.org

Yahoo:yscrappy    Skype: hub.org    ICQ:7615664    MSN:scra...@hub.org