=?ks_c_5601-1987?B?s+vIq8L5?= <falls...@cs.yonsei.ac.kr> writes:
> I found that the relkind fields of all RelationData which is handed over to
> heap_update are all the same as ¡®r¡¯.

Well, yeah: heap_update is applied to heaps (ordinary tables).  Not indexes.
The indexes are generally updated in a separate operation afterwards.

> I want to distinguish normal relation (actual table) from primary index
> relation  (primary indexes of some tables).

Perhaps you should take about three steps back and explain what it is
you want to do, because heap_update is probably not the right place
to be doing it.