Hannu Krosing wrote:
After triggers can't change tuple, thus cant change routing.
An after trigger can always issue an update of the tuple but that should be trapped by the regular mechanism that will deal with updates (when we have it available).
Also the description omits the execution of before and after statement triggers. While those can apply to the parent table (but the same question about what happens if the after statement modifies routing decision still applies), what does it mean in the case of COPY to have statement triggers on the child tables?

What statement triggers do you mean ?

I don't think we have ON COPY triggers ?
I mean

CREATE TRIGGER /name/ { BEFORE | AFTER } /event/
   ON /table/ FOR EACH STATEMENT

Emmanuel

--
Emmanuel Cecchet