Tom Lane wrote:
What this misses is EvalPlanQual, which can require
initialization of a new plan tree during execution.

Agh.  You're right, I missed that.

When I realized this, my first thought was that we might as well drop
all the proposed changes that involve avoiding use of
es_result_relation_info.  I was wondering though whether you had a
functional reason for getting rid of them, or if it was just trying to
tidy the code a bit?

The latter.

> However,
since OIDs in user tables have been deprecated for several versions
now, I'm thinking that maybe the case doesn't arise often enough to
justify keeping such a wart in the executor.

Under the circumstances I'd lean towards this option.

Regards,
Marko Tiikkaja