Itagaki Takahiro wrote:
Greg Smith <g...@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:

I'm thinking that I should rename this new function to pg_stat_reset_bgwriter so it's obvious how limited its target is.

I don't think it is a good name because we might have another cluster-level
statictics not related with bgwriter in the future. I hope you will suggest
"extensible" method when you improve this area.
I follow what you mean now. I'll take a look at allowing pg_stat_reset to act on an input as you suggested, rather than adding more of these UDFs for every time somebody adds a new area they want to target clearing.

g...@2ndquadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com