Tom Lane wrote:
--enable-cassert might have a noticeable performance impact.
We usually try to not have that on when doing performance testing.
All covered in the tool's documentation, and it looks like Kevin did the right thing during his tests by checking the pg_config output to confirm the right flags were used. I think we can rule out simple pilot error here and work under the assumption Kevin found a mild performance regression under some circumstances with the patch. Hopefully Andres will be able to replicate the problem, and it sounds like Kevin might be able to provide more information about it tonight too.

g...@2ndquadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com