Roger Leigh wrote:
On Thu, Dec 10, 2009 at 10:12:32AM -0300, Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Robert Haas escribió:

On first blush, I'm inclined to suggest that the addition of + signs
to mark continuation lines is a misfeature.
-1

EXPLAIN is a special case.  IMHO it should be dealt with accordingly.

If the formatting code can be taught that it's outputting for explain,
we can skip the wrap/newline markup easily.  I don't think we
necessarily need to fall back to the old-ascii format, we just
conditionally disable that specific part.

Alternatively, would it make more sense just to add a boolean pset
parameter to enable/disable the use of wrap/newline marks?  It may
be that people may wish to disable it for use cases in addition
to EXPLAIN.

We have already added a lot of knobs to twist, and I don't want to add any more.

cheers

andrew