Zdenek Kotala <zdenek.kot...@sun.com> writes:
> Tom Lane píše v pá 11. 12. 2009 v 15:11 -0500:
>> If we go this route it would be nice to think about making a facility
>> that has some usefulness for non-DTrace platforms too.

> Do you mean general facility for switching memory allocator?

No, I was thinking of some sort of memory allocation stats collection
that doesn't depend on DTrace.  It's amazing to me that we've never
gone back and improved on the original quick-and-dirty
MemoryContextStats mechanism.  I certainly find myself using that a
lot for issues like tracking down memory leaks.  While palloc has a lot
of advantages, the fact that you can't easily plug in a debug-friendly
substitute malloc package is not one of them :-(