Fred Janon wrote:
Thanks Greg, at least among the socially unacceptable insults I got the the right list to post my question in.
Aww, is somebody having a case of the Monday's?

Frankly that was all useful advice. I was pointing out that despite what you thought, you might actually be decreasing your chances of getting an answer to your question in the future if you cross-post the way you did. Here's an equally helpful hint: when you have a question you'd like answered, don't insult someone in the group who spends their time every day answering questions in that area, particularly if they've actually given you a useful suggestion. Next time, I might be the best qualified to help you out, and you haven't really endeared yourself to me with your comments here.

BTW, this list is listed as the list for tech questions in the pgAdmin tips, therefore if you don't want to be disturb, you might want to remove it from the pgAdmin tips.

When I look at http://www.pgadmin.org/support/ for example it suggests the right list. I only see this one listed in the Translation section, as the place to ask to get added to the translators list. Does anyone know where the tips section suggesting people send tech questions to pgsql-hackers he's referring to is at? That seems like it should be cleaned up to point to the pgAdmin list instead if that's floating around there somewhere.

Fred, if you could recall exactly what path you followed to end up here and let us know, we can try to keep someone else from being confused and instead directed to the right place more directly. It would be a nice gesture on your part to end our conversation here having done something useful, rather than with you just venting at me.

g...@2ndquadrant.com  www.2ndQuadrant.com