On Jan 10, 2010, at 11:17 AM, Robert Haas wrote:

> It's nicer to write:
>
> plperl.on_perl_init='strict,warnings,LDAP,HTML::Parser,Archive::Zip'
>
> rather than:
>
> plperl.on_perl_init='use strict;use warnings;use LDAP;use
> HTML::Parser;use Archive::Zip;'

Well, no, because sometimes I just want to load something and not have
functions exported (into whatever namespaces ends up calling this). So I might
have something like:

    plplerl.on_perl_init='use HTML::Entities ();'

Other times I might want those functions exported.

FWIW, Bricolage has a feature like this, and you can only put stuff on one
line. It's been there since 2002 or so. No one has ever complained about it; I
doubt anyone would complain about this, either.

Best,

David