Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I feel like we ought to be doing this in a way where the output is
> properly escaped.  Right now:

Yeah, that's been an occasional irritation for me, even though I
don't actually use quote characters in any of my quoted identifiers.
Also, tab-completion is irritating in not recognizing matching
column names when you start with a quote if the column name is
entirely lower case.

I would complain about generating a mix of quoted and non-quoted
column names in some places, but fixing that for me would
undoubtedly inconvenience others; I guess we have to consider that
behavior a feature.  But the other two just look like sloppy coding
to me; it's hard to see any excuse not to call them bugs, albeit
minor ones.

-Kevin