Il 14/01/2010 08:22, Matteo Beccati ha scritto:
Hi,

3) A nice set of SQL queries to return message, parts, threads,
folders based on $criteria (search, id, folder, etc)

I guess Matteo's working on that…

Right, but this is where I want to see the AOX schema "imporove"... In
ways like adding persistant tables for threading, which are updated by
triggers as new messages are delivered, etc. Documented queries that
show how to use CTEs, ltree, etc to get threaded views, good FTS support
(with indexes and triggers managing them), etc.

+1.

I just didn't understand how much your proposal fit into current work :)

I'm looking into it. The link I've previously sent will most likely
return a 500 error for the time being.

A quick update:

I've extended AOX with a trigger that takes care of filling a separate table that's used to display the index pages. The new table also stores threading information (standard headers + Exchange headers support) and whether or not the email has attachments.

Please check the updated PoC: http://archives.beccati.org/

pgsql-hackers and -general are currently subscribed, while -www only has 2003 history imported via aoximport (very fast!).

BTW, I've just noticed a bug in the attachment detection giving false positives, but have no time to check now.

Cheers
--
Matteo Beccati

Development & Consulting - http://www.beccati.com/