On Jan 19, 2010, at 9:26 PM, Andrew Dunstan wrote:

> The first thing I think we need to do is move the GUC processing code out of
> _PG_init() and into plperl_init_interp(), protected by a flag to make sure
> it's only called successfully once. I'm trying to work out a neat way to put
> the value back if there is an exception, but it's a bit ugly.

Will this solve the underlying bug in custom GUCs? I'm assuming there is such a
bug. Won't this be an issue for other modules that have custom GUCs,
potentially a security issue? The addition of new PL/Perl custom GUCs
notwithstanding, it sure seems like a potential security vulnerability such as
this should be addressed ASAP.

Who knows this stuff?

Best,

David