On Wed, Feb 3, 2010 at 10:21 AM, Tom Lane <t...@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Robert Haas <robertmh...@gmail.com> writes:
>> Should we think about adding a GUC to disable renegotiation until this
>> blows over?
>
> Bad idea: once set, it'll never get unset, thus leaving installations
> with a weakened security posture even after they've installed fixed
> versions of openssl.

That's a problem, but our current posture of holding our breath
doesn't seem to be working either.  If we insist on shipping code that
doesn't work with currently-distributed versions of OpenSSL, people
will do things like, say, shut SSL off.  Or packagers of PostgreSQL
will apply patches that disable it unconditionally, leaving us with no
control.

...Robert