(2010/02/05 3:27), Alvaro Herrera wrote:
Robert Haas escribió:
2010/2/4 KaiGai Kohei<kai...@ak.jp.nec.com>:
(2010/02/04 0:20), Robert Haas wrote:
2010/2/1 KaiGai Kohei<kai...@ak.jp.nec.com>:
I again wonder whether we are on the right direction.

I believe the proposed approach is to dump blob metadata if and only
if you are also dumping blob contents, and to do all of this for data
dumps but not schema dumps.  That seems about right to me.

In other words:

  <default>       ->  blob contents and metadata (owner, acl, comments) shall
                  be dumped
  --data-only   ->  only blob contents shall be dumped
  --schema-only ->  neither blob contents and metadata are dumped.

Can I understand correctly?

No, that's not what I said.  Please reread.  I don't think you should
ever dump blob contents without the metadata, or the other way around.

So:
        default:        both contents and metadata
        --data-only:    same
        --schema-only:  neither

Seems reasonable.

OK... I'll try to update the patch, anyway.

However, it means only large object performs an exceptional object class
that dumps its owner, acl and comment even if --data-only is given.
Is it really what you suggested, isn't it?

Thanks,
--
KaiGai Kohei <kai...@kaigai.gr.jp>