Greg Stark wrote:
b) Used units of memory -- I formatted them with 3 significant digits
(unless the unit is bytes or kB where that would be silly). It's just
what looked best to my eye.

How does this compare with what comes out of pg_size_pretty (src/backend/utils/adt/dbsize.c)? I already have code floating around that parses the output from pg_size_pretty when I'm slurping in things from PostgreSQL, and it's not immediately obvious to me what having a format that's similar to but not quite the same as that one is buying here.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us