"Zeugswetter Andreas SB SD" <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> writes:
>> regression=# SELECT update_pg_pwd();
>> ERROR:  getTypeOutputInfo: Cache lookup of type 0 failed

> Wouldn't it be nice to make this a feature that allows
> stored procedures (void update_pg_pwd ()) ? Correctly register
> this function to not return anything ? This is what the 0 is actually
> supposed to mean here, no ?

No, in this case the procedure is a trigger procedure and is not
supposed to be called directly at all.  But we don't have a
distinguishable signature for triggers as yet.  One of the changes
I'd like to make eventually is that trigger procs take and return
some special pseudo-type, so that the type system can catch this
sort of mistake explicitly.

TIP 4: Don't 'kill -9' the postmaster