On Wed, Feb 24, 2010 at 2:18 PM, Fujii Masao <masao.fu...@gmail.com> wrote:
> If standby_mode is enabled, and neither primary_conninfo nor restore_command
> are set, the standby would get stuck. How about forbidding (i.e., causing a
> FATAL message) this wrong setting?

Here is the patch which forbids that wrong setting of recovery.conf.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao
NTT Open Source Software Center

! 	/* If not in standby mode, restore_command must be supplied */
! 	if (!StandbyMode && recoveryRestoreCommand == NULL)
  		ereport(FATAL,
! 				(errmsg("recovery command file \"%s\" did not specify restore_command nor standby_mode",
  						RECOVERY_COMMAND_FILE)));

  	/* Enable fetching from archive recovery area */
--- 5043,5058 ----
  						cmdline),
  			  errhint("Lines should have the format parameter = 'value'.")));

! 	/*
! 	 * Either restore_command or primary_conninfo must be supplied. Otherwise,
! 	 * we cannot determine how to retrieve log files. Note that also
! 	 * standby_mode should be checked since primary_conninfo has no effect
! 	 * if standby_mode is off.
! 	 */
! 	if ((!StandbyMode || PrimaryConnInfo == NULL) &&
! 		recoveryRestoreCommand == NULL)
  		ereport(FATAL,
! 				(errmsg("recovery command file \"%s\" did not specify restore_command nor primary_conninfo",