Bruce Momjian wrote:
Well, Tom and I have already posted publicly about it.  There is nothing
that either us see on the 9.0 "Bugs" open items list that would delay a
beta:

        http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.0_Open_Items

I have just been looking at the xmlconcat bug on that list. I can't think of any better solution than parsing the resulting string to make sure it is well-formed before we return, with lines something like this:

   xmlDocPtr   doc;
   xmltype *str = stringinfo_to_xmltype(&buf);
   doc = xml_parse(str, xmloption, true, GetDatabaseEncoding());
   xmlFreeDoc(doc);

That's surely going to affect the performance of xmlconcat, not sure how much.

Does anyone have a better suggestion?

cheers

andrew