Josh Berkus wrote:
I just worry about any feature which doesn't get as far as a
user-visible implementation.  If someone doesn't do the rest of the
parts soon, such features tend to atrophy because nobody is using them.

While they're limited, there are complexly viable prototype quality implementations possible here without a large amount of work to get them started. I'm not worried too much about this feature being unused. As I was just reminded when assembling an page on the wiki about it: http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Materalized_Views it's currently ranked #1--by a large margin--on the UserVoice feature request survey that Peter kicked off.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us