Robert Haas wrote:
Heikki and I are both BIG git users, and I think Andrew, Simon, and
Alvaro all use it too, though I'm not sure to what extent.

I am using it increasingly. Of course, I need to convert some of my customers ....

A couple of random things I'm concerned about:

- the buildfarm, obviously, has got to work

That work is almost complete. My plan is to unveil it all in my talk at pgcon.

- we need to make sure that all the committers understand how to keep
the history the way we want it - i.e. linear, without merges, and
possibly even implement programmatic safeguards against doing anything
else

That too will be part of my talk. I'm not sure how you would implement such programmatic safeguards, though. We don't have such a huge population of committers that we can't manage this by education, I think.

cheers

andrew