Alex Hunsaker wrote:
On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 14:04, Andrew Dunstan <and...@dunslane.net> wrote:
[ Awesome work getting buildfarm support for git ]

Note, this is running from my test git repo, not the community's repo.

BTW +1 for gitting (heh, git puns are fun) a good git repo published.
Ive given up trying to trust it for back branches and always either go
to release tarballs or cvs.

The repo I have created is currently available publicly at <http://github.com/oicu/pg-cvs-mirror> and you can clone <git://github.com/oicu/pg-cvs-mirror.git>

It is kept fairly up to date (mostly within an hour of the community CVS repo) and checked daily for validity against all live branches.

Sadly, that means its change
links will be broken - I'm not exactly sure what gets hashed to provide a
commit ID in git, but the IDs don't match between these two repos.

Yeah, git basically hashes *everything* including the previous
commits.  So if one commit is different in the repo all the commits
after that will have a different hash :-(

Right. However, I have in fact solved this issue by allowing buildfarm members to specify a url to show changesets. In tha case of quoll this is set thus

   scm_url => 'http://github.com/oicu/pg-cvs-mirror/commit/',

and its change links now do the right thing. The new client code should be released in about a week.

cheers

andrew