Bruce Momjian wrote:
We are not very good at _removing_ functionality/GUCs, and based on the
discussion so far, I think there is a very slim chance we would get it
right for 9.0, which is why I suggested converting it to a boolean and
revisiting this for 9.1.

There's some feedback you can only get by exposing a complicated feature to the users and seeing what they make of it. This one hasn't even had a full week to gather beta user reports. Given that it's easy to disable (just limiting the range on what is effectively a 3-way switch to two positions), I don't understand why you're pushing at this point for its removal. You could be encouraging testing instead, which I believe is needed to know exactly what the right thing to do in 9.1 is.

g...@2ndquadrant.com   www.2ndQuadrant.us