Tom Lane wrote:
Florian Pflug <f...@phlo.org> writes:
Yeah, but CVS has tags for the alphas and betas. Those are missing from the GIT
mirror as the CVS-to-GIT converter apparently ignores tags completely :-(.
Since there are no branches for the betas, this leaves the GIT repository
without any trace that beta1 exists at all...

Really?  Then it wouldn't know about any past point-releases either :-(

Presumably when we cut over to git properly, we will use some other tool that does import non-branch tags. But for now fromcvs is effectively the only game in town for incremental mirroring. Of course, if someone fixed it to handle tags that would be cool ...

cheers

andrew